Entire Program Assists Pastors to Preach, Pray, Encourage and Engage, Especially in a Culture That Desperately Needs Change
PHILADELPHIA—It’s a simple, but powerful idea. American Pastors Network (APN, www.americanpastorsnetwork.net) is announcing a new initiative called “We Will Stand,” which invites America’s pastors to intentionally band together and faithfully stand for biblical truth in the public square, and let their congregations and communities know they, too, can be involved. The time is now.
“At perhaps no other time in history has it been more important for the nation’s pastors and churches to work diligently to cultivate real change in our society,” said APN President Sam Rohrer. “By adding their names to the American Pastors Network’s new ‘We Will Stand’ initiative, pastors nationwide can join with thousands of other courageous and faithful pastors in leading their local church family to be Ambassadors of Christ by committing to preach, pray, encourage and engage.”
Pastors who sign the “We Will Stand—Preach, Pray, Encourage, Engage” pledge will commit to the following:
- I WILL PREACH PASSIONATELY the whole counsel of God, with a biblical worldview that communicates the priority of the Gospel to a fallen, broken humanity. It means exhorting the saints to apply biblical principles to their own lives, the lives of their family, and the culture of their neighborhood, state, and country.
- I WILL PRAY FERVENTLY with faith, obedience, discipline, fasting.
- I WILL ENCOURAGE CONGREGATIONS to be salt and light by engaging the culture with truth, practicing good citizenship and voting informed by sound information and biblical principles.
- I WILL ENGAGE AS A MINISTER TOGETHER with civic leaders through prayer, encouragement and education on critical issues.
The American Pastors Network is the first and largest national network of Bible-believing pastors committed to teaching and applying biblical principles as the moral compass and source of truth for all matters of life. And through “We Will Stand,” APN will reach out to pastors in four different areas:
- State- and country-wide chapters uniting like-minded pastors and churches who take seriously Jesus’ command to be “salt and light” into the culture.
- “Stand in the Gap Radio” programs featuring discussions, sermons and daily “doses of encouragement” to inform, educate and impact listeners on a wide range of issues.
- Initiatives designed to restore the relationship between pastors and elected officials on a biblical, not political basis.
- Valuable support and information through email updates, website resources, social media and conference calls, all designed to connect with pastors on a more personal level.
APN’s mission, which will be carried out through the “We Will Stand” initiative, includes: to identify, encourage, equip, educate and network pastors and church members to “Stand in the Gap for Truth”; to be a voice for truth and an advocate for pastors in the public square by providing Bible-based and constitutionally consistent analysis and recommendations on matters of public policy; and to strengthen the biblical relationship between pastors and elected officials, through various private and public meetings for prayer, study and policy discussion.
APN encourages pastors to visit www.AmericanPastorsNetwork.net/we-will-stand/ to commit to the pledge online, as well as sign up to receive email updates on “We Will Stand” and other news. Online, pastors and engaged believers can also learn about events, initiatives and opportunities to become involved, and receive valuable information and links to resources designed to help pastors and church leaders in their ministries.
The “We Will Stand” initiative was announced this spring to pastors and church leaders in attendance at the “U-Turn” leadership event in North Carolina, which was co-hosted by the North Carolina Pastors Network (NCPN, www.ncpastors.net).
A joint effort between APN, NCPN and the Pennsylvania Pastors Network (PPN, www.papastors.net) brings listeners the daily one-hour radio program, “Stand in the Gap Today.” For more information on the entire lineup of APN radio programming, visit www.StandintheGapRadio.com.
APN offers pastors numerous online resources that help clergy choose sermon topics and find information for other church ministries. With some free and some paid resources, topics include abortion, apologetics, creation, the culture war, economics, education, the environment, history, homosexuality, Islam and marriage, along with many others.
The American Pastors Network is the largest, national network of pastors who believe in the authority of scripture; who boldly preach the whole counsel of God with a disciplined application of a biblical worldview to public policy; who are building a permanent infrastructure of biblically faithful pastors and lay leaders; and who are mobilizing congregations to participate in the political process on a non-partisan basis. For more information on APN, visit www.AmericanPastorsNetwork.net, its Facebook page or follow APN’s Twitter feed, @AmericanPastors. Those interested in forming a chapter in their state may contact email@example.com.
The American Pastors Network is a Ministry Program Affiliate of Capstone Legacy Foundation (a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian Public Community Foundation registered nationwide). APN’s daily short radio feature, “Stand in the Gap Minute,” airs on more than 100 stations, and the American Family Radio Network airs the one-hour “Stand in the Gap Weekend” on its nearly 200 stations nationwide. A live one-hour program launched in 2015, “Stand in the Gap Today,” airs on nearly 150 stations nationwide.
To interview a representative from the American Pastors Network, contact Beth Harrison at 610-584-1096, ext. 104, Media@HamiltonStrategies.com, or Deborah Hamilton at 215-815-7716 or 610-584-1096, ext. 102.
Suggested social media post:
APN is launching our new “We Will Stand” initiative for pastors nationwide! www.americanpastorsnetwork.net/we-will-stand/